Have The AUDACITY NOW! 9 Steps to get on with it already.
Well here I am. Launching my first blog website and post all while only dreaming about it just six months ago! Audicity is defined as the wililngness to take bold risks. I decided just this year that I would surround myself with new and invigorating people who were not keyed into the system but, played by their own rules. Just like that, I am doing something that I would have never envisioned for myself just last year. Did you hear me, JUST LAST YEAR! So exciting to finally share the 9 steps to get on with it already. Here are steps I used to have the audacity now!
- Block the noise – Stop watching and lurking. Limit your time watching social media and television. Instead of waking up and grabbing your phone, grab a pen a paper and write down two things you can do in your day that will impact your dreams and getting things done. Repeat this behavior every single day.
- Let go – If you are invested in any personal relationship that isn’t going the way you desire it to or doesn’t feel right, let it go. It is a battery killer. The toxic ex, bae, friend or, relative does not deserve all of you. Hold on to some of you and pour that part into your dreams or goals. Whether you want to beleive it or not, your relationship(s) are slowly defining you and devouring your time. Do some inventory on folks that are taking up valuable energy, have those tough conversations and, attack those list of goals.
- Plant your seeds in fertile grounds – A lot of times, your audaciouness gets clobbered by individuals that don’t get the vision. Pay attention when sharing your ideas, passions, and dreams with folk that can’t assist, support and nurture the vision. In some situations, telling your current circle all of your hopes is equivalent to dropping seeds on the kitchen floor, nothing is going to grow from it. Why keep having to explain your logo, website or Instagram posts? Having the audacity is not seeking for validation. It’s not seeking for approval or opinion. The only validation you need is for yourself. Take partner with peers and/or folks on the inside of your respecitve industry and hustle your ass off until it happens.
- Speak up – A closed mouth don’t get fed. Instead of paying to go to events to just take notes and listen, speak up. When Q&A arrives have your questions pre-meditated. When it comes time to introduce yourself, rehearse who you are, what you do, and why you are going after yours. Say what your needs are, clear and defined. Ask for tips, leads or, any information that may help your vision. If you spend time planning your outfit, surely you can plan out your questions and be bold in what your true needs are.
- Get to work – One thing is for sure, audaciouness comes from the work you put in. So, where does time go? Every day you decide to binge watch tv, go shopping or visit a friend, you are further delaying your goals and “what you wish to do.” Stop with the madness. You know there are 52 weeks in a year and 365 days. So what days are you going to dedicate to doing your dreams and not just talking about them?
- Be authentic (keep hearing this over and over, but what is it?) – Those who master being themselves are total audacious bosses. There is power in your presence, not your presentation. Authenticity leads to audacity. So how do you find your authentic self? Ask yourself, “Who are you when you are home alone or in your bed at night?” “What are your deepest wants, needs and questions?” Normally, how you act around others is your response spirit. You are conditioned to think and behave based off of the direction of the conversation or experience. Asking yourself these questions, will lead you to who you truly are. If you like trap music, turn it up! Screw those around that look at you like you are cray, cray. Have a mind of your own. Don’t water down your personality to fit society. Be more you by acknowledging who you are, what you like and, what you dislike. Stop allowing others to define you through their own limitations or experiences. You got to BE you to DO you..
- Speak with the authority – When you introduce yourself, don’t say “I work in corporate America and I bake on the side. Clear your throat, evoke confidence, chin up and say, “My name is Sydney Collins and I am the creator of Sweet Stories. I bake cupcakes and write poetry to accommodate each cupcake. The poems are written based off of personal recommendation, or how I am feeling at the time of baking.” Practice your introduction. Yes, all audacious folk, do practice.
- Ask yourself the tough questions. –Start asking yourself the tough questions. Do you know your own value? Voice? Potential? Do you know what things are stopping you from living life, the way you wish it to be? Once you have those kinds of answers, then you will become relentless in your pursuit to obtain it. It’s that simple. Think of it this way, audacity is made up of two questions: 1. “How bad do I want it?” 2. “What am I willing to do to get it?”
- Just do – Audacity is created in the doing.When it’s all said and done, just do something! Do it unevenly, imperfectly, unpolished. Fix that *ish later. Throw it out there like a can of paint on a blank canvas. Make clear and specific goals. Prepare a list. Here is an example of how specific your list should read: 1. Purchase domain this week. 2. Determine number of website pages with titles. 3. Write content for each page. Your list should not read like the following: 1. Build website 2. Write book 3. Create Web-ex. Be specific. Another pitfall to avoid, is analysis paralysis listening and reading “everything you need to know about starting a business, building a brand, growing follwers… blah, blah. blah” Just do it. Do it wrong, do it right, do it anyways.
The audacity to show up in your personal life, bleeds over into your vision, business, artistry and message. Once you eliminate the noise and get clear on who you are and what you want for your vision or business, you can’t help but to be intentfully bold in networking, conversations, and opportunities.